- Welcome to the Southern Platte Fire Protection District Ride-Along Program. In order to make your ridealong experience more enjoyable the following conditions must be adhered to:
- Applicant must complete a Ride-Along Release form. We prefer that the form be submitted
at least seven (7) days prior to the requested ride-along date.
- Applicants under the age of 18 years of age must have the permission of a parent or legal
guardian and their signature must be present on the Ride-Along Release form. (The
minimum ride-along age is 17 years old).
- The general ride-along period is from 0800 to 1700 hours. A Chief Officer or Company
Officer may modify this time if necessary.
- Applicants will be notified of their scheduled date and time for a ride-along.
- Applicants must be dressed in business-like attire or clean casual attire. Dark dress or
uniform pants, solid color shirt, and black or brown leather footwear are appropriate
examples. No blue jeans, tennis shoes, or unprofessional appearance will not be allowed.
Because the ride-along is accompanying fire department personnel, they are expected to
wear modest clothing that is maintained to the same standards as the fire deparment
- The person must be physically capable of mounting and dismounting apparatus without
delay and without assistance as to not interfere with the timely response and/or movement
of the fire unit or fire company.
- The person shall be restricted to ride on an apparatus that is under the direct supervision of a Company or Chief Officer. Applicants must remain in the patrol vehicle unless given
permission to leave the vehicle by the accompanying officer.
- The person must remain outside the emergency scene limits that are established by the
incident commander or the safety officer.
- The person shall not perform any tasks unless specifically authorized by the IC. The IC shall not authorize a ride-along to take any action that would place them within the perimeter of the emergency scene, a hazardous area or that would require personal protective gear.
- Applicants should feel free to ask questions.
- Applicants or the organization may terminate the ride-along at any time.
We hope your experience as a SPFPD Ride-Along observer will be educational and enjoyable.