Southern Platte Fire Protection District
8799 NW Riverpark Drive
Parkville, MO 64152
Station #1 is located in the heart of historic Parkville at 8799 NW Riverpark Drive. The original station was built in 1947 and used until the 1993 flooding caused the apparatus garage to be condemned. The station was torn down and a new two-story block building was completed in 2000. Learning from that event, this station is designed with all living quarters elevated to the second floor and no fixed facilities in the bay. An “old fashion” fire pole in the stair tower allows firefighter to quickly respond to alarms. This design will minimize damage the next time the Missouri River leaves its banks.
Staffing at this station normally consists of a fire captain and two firefighter/EMTs. They respond to emergencies in the Bluffs, downtown Parkville, Misty Woods, Monticello, Park University, Riss Lake and Walnut Creek as well as along 9 Highway. Mutual aid to Riverside is also responded to by Station #1 crews and apparatus.
This station was awarded third place in the "Station Style Design Award" by Fire Chief Magazine in 2002. This station is equipped for firefighting, medical calls, extrication and low angle rescue as well as ice and water rescue. In warmer weather the bay doors are often open at Station #1 allowing the public to come in and visit the firefighters on duty.
Apparatus housed at Station #1 include:
Pumper 61, 2015 Pierce PUC Pumper with a four person cab, 720 gallons of water, 30 gallon foam cell, drafting equipment, generator, fans and full assortment of tools and ground ladders.
Brush 61, 2001 Ford 1 ton, 4x4 pick up. It carries 300 gallons of water and sprayer pump with reel and an assortment of hand tools.
Boat 61 is a 2001 Zodiac 18/20, 18 feet in length, able to carry sixteen-persons.